It is a kind of salt known because of its smoky fragrance. Smoked salt is produced by heating sea salt with different kinds of woods such as Alder wood smoke flavour. It needs at least 72 hours at the smoking plant but for effective smoking, it requires 96 hours to spend for the perfect smoky aroma. The wood gives its flavour to the salt during heating, which can range from mild to salty to sweet. It is light brown to dark brown in colour depending on how long it is heated and with which type of wood.
KINDS OF SMOKED SALT:
1. EXTRA BOLD SMOKE SALT
2. SMOKED ALDER WOODS SALT
USES OF EDIBLE SMOKED SALT:
- Smoked salt is one of those ingredients that chefs love to have in their kitchens because it can give a mouth- watering and unique flavor to just anything. Below are listed some of its uses:
- Don’t have time to grill or don’t want too much grilling hassle. Don’t worry smoked salt is your greatest friend keep it in your kitchen and add it to any dish in which you want the flavour of flame-grilled food without the work. Anything may benefit from its smoky flavour, whether it’s meat, fish, or vegetables.
- Add some smoked salt mixed with caramel or honey on top of desserts or ice creams or popcorn and enjoy the mouth-watering taste.
- You can also make different fruit syrups with the help of Smoked salt.
- On a diet or tired of eating fruits in the same way. Add some smoked salt to your dry fruits, salads, fruits, and fresh
vegetables like cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, and enjoy a salty-sweet snack.
- You can also use it to garnish your drink, juice, margarita, limca, and even cocktail to have an experience like no
BENEFITS OF SMOKED SALT
Smoked salt is ideal for boosting the salinity of cuisine while also adding the smokiness of burnt wood and the distinct flavours of various types of wood. It's ideal for anybody trying to add flame-grilled flavour to a meal, from meat-eaters looking to amp up a BBQ to vegetarians or vegans looking to give flame-grilled flavour to a plate. Smoked sea salt is a terrific, naturally processed taste enhancer that effortlessly imparts flame-grilled saltiness to a dish without using harsh, artificial- tasting chemical smoke. Here are some additional advantages of using this salt in your cooking-
- May promote the health of your digestive system.
- May prevent dehydration by balancing your fluids.
- It's often used with herbs and spices to make a marinade.
- In comparison to refined table salt, it is also a healthier and more natural option.