Scottish Organic Producers Association (SOPA)
Since 1988 SOPA have been at the forefront of Scotland’s organic industry.
As a member led co-operative SOPA has always had a pragmatic approach in all that we do. We aim to promote and develop the profile the Scottish organic food sector across the UK and EU while protecting and upholding the organic integrity of all products produced by their members and certified by OF&G (Scotland) to the SOPA organic standards.
Working in partnership with OF&G (Scotland), SOPA provides quality organic certification to its members. Inspections and certification through this joint venture are widely regarded as setting the benchmark for the industry. Inspections can often be combined with relevant farm assurance and food processing schemes – offering many potential benefits and significant time saving by removing the need for multiple inspections. SOPA’s Organic Certification for farmers, growers and food businesses across the supply chain carries our expert guidance and is based on the European Organic Regulation (EC 834/2007) which forms the core standards to be adhered to by operators across the EU.
Benefits of being certified to SOPA’s standards include:
- knowing you are part of a Member co-operative run by Scottish organic business, for Scottish organic business in Scotland
- having access to certification staff with direct, practical industry experience to guide you through certification and the regulations
- being part of a cooperative that thinks of Scotland first
- having the opportunity to influence policy with national governments and regulatory bodies across the UK and EU
- gaining in-depth insight into the organic sector
- having clear and simple value driven certification fees