Reading list: 29 October 09
Date Published: 29/10/2009
Time again to share some of the interesting/amusing/ridiculous things we’ve been reading today.
- First off, and of most significance, is the Farmers Weekly exclusive on yet another Rural Payments Agency cock-up, namely the loss of 100,000 farmers’ bank details.
- Very pleased to see some follow-up on the news from Jones Organic that we blogged last week about its expansion.
- Positive coverage here from Farming UK on the countrywide promotional initiative for organic food and farming. Possibly raised in our estimation by the inclusion of comments from our CEO…
- An article from the Daily Express about the ‘slump’ in organic food sales, based on evidently dubious figures from a third party looking for publicity (oops, did I say that out loud?).
- Back to Farming UK for some well-aimed rebuttal of the above Express story.
Still, we should probably cut the Daily Express some slack. It must be a nice change for them not to be focusing on house prices, immigrants or Princess Diana……..