Winter Organic Cereals 2017
Date: 23 November 2017 Location: Wiltshire SN9 6EG
Diversity in the field – the way forward?
Thursday November 23rd 2017
9.30pm to 5pm at Rushall Organics in Wiltshire
Join the Organic Research Centre at Rushall Organics for a one-day workshop to discuss intercropping (morning) and cereal diversification (afternoon). There will be a tour of the farm and grain store and a chance to see new sowing and harvesting technologies used on the farm.
- Benefits of intercropping. Examples from around the world
- Share experiences of intercropping – what has worked and what hasn’t? What are the barriers to uptake?
- Funded opportunities to get involved in intercropping trials
- Exploring opportunities for local, heritage, organic/low-input and alternative cereals in the UK, e.g. spelt, rye, oats, heritage wheat, barley, emmer and einkorn
- Sharing innovations in the production, processing and marketing of agrobiodiverse cereals, with examples from along the supply chain